Table of contents
About these proceedings
This book, which presents the peer-reviewed post-proceedings of CSNDD 2012 and CSNDD 2014, addresses the important role that relevant concepts and tools from nonlinear and complex dynamics could play in present and future engineering applications. It includes 22 chapters contributed by outstanding researchers and covering various aspects of applications, including: structural health monitoring, diagnosis and damage detection, experimental methodologies, active vibration control and smart structures, passive control of structures using nonlinear energy sinks, vibro-impact dynamic MEMS/NEMS/AFM, energy-harvesting materials and structures, and time-delayed feedback control, as well as aspects of deterministic versus stochastic dynamics and control of nonlinear phenomena in physics.
Researchers and engineers interested in the challenges posed and opportunities offered by nonlinearities in the development of passive and active control strategies, energy harvesting, novel design criteria, modeling and characterization will find the book to be an outstanding introduction.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Structural Nonlinear Dynamics and Diagnosis
- Book Subtitle Selected papers from CSNDD 2012 and CSNDD 2014
- Series Title Springer Proceedings in Physics
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Proceedings Phys.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-19851-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-19850-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-36474-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-19851-4
- Series ISSN 0930-8989
- Series E-ISSN 1867-4941
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 509
- Number of Illustrations 252 b/w illustrations, 13 illustrations in colour
Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos Theory
Vibration, Dynamical Systems, Control
- Buy this book on publisher's site