About this book
This evidence-based book, featuring contributions from world-renowned experts, discusses in detail the functional anatomy of the temporomandibular joint as well as the aetiology, diagnosis, treatment and medicolegal implications of patients with temporomandibular disorders (TMD).
Despite advances in our understanding of the aetiology of TMD and in developing current treatment rationales, a number of issues remain controversial. These include the extent to which the temporomandibular joint should be a central focus of orthodontic diagnosis and treatment, as well as the role that occlusion and malocclusion play in precipitating TMD symptoms. Indeed, few subjects in dentistry and the specialty of orthodontics are open to as many interpretations or misinterpretations as TMD.
This textbook provides clinical orthodontists with essential information and guidance that will assist them in understanding and effectively managing this complex multilayered problem. Throughout, clear clinical guidelines are presented on the basis of current scientific and clinical evidence. TMD and Orthodontics will be a highly valuable chairside resource for orthodontists everywhere.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title TMD and Orthodontics
- Book Subtitle A clinical guide for the orthodontist
Charles S. Greene
Donald J. Rinchuse
John W. Stockstill
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-19782-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-19781-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-35061-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-19782-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 148
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 27 illustrations in colour
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Buy this book on publisher's site