About this book
Showcasing exemplars of how various aspects of design research were successfully transitioned into and influenced, design practice, this book features chapters written by eminent international researchers and practitioners from industry on the Impact of Design Research on Industrial Practice.
Chapters written by internationally acclaimed researchers of design analyse the findings (guidelines, methods and tools), technologies/products and educational approaches that have been transferred as tools, technologies and people to transform industrial practice of engineering design, whilst the chapters that are written by industrial practitioners describe their experience of how various tools, technologies and training impacted design practice.
The main benefit of this book, for educators, researchers and practitioners in (engineering) design, will be access to a comprehensive coverage of case studies of successful transfer of outcomes of design research into practice; as well as guidelines and platforms for successful transfer of research into practice.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Impact of Design Research on Industrial Practice
- Book Subtitle Tools, Technology, and Training
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-19449-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-19448-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-37129-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-19449-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages LXXI, 488
- Number of Illustrations 57 b/w illustrations, 55 illustrations in colour
Manufacturing, Machines, Tools, Processes
Engineering Economics, Organization, Logistics, Marketing
- Buy this book on publisher's site