Table of contents
About this book
This book explains how gamification, specifically enterprise gamification, can help mangers in multiple areas within an enterprise to improve attrition. Employee Engagement is an important component to foster employee relations with the organization. Gamification by its inherent design helps to increase engagement within an enterprise. Several successful case studies in Gamification are presented, which present new practical tips for Gamification for IT Management. By introducing general IT management concepts related to the specific environment managers work in, the authors then detail the benefits of introducing gamification in this very environment to resolve business issues.
IT Managers, as well as HR professionals, Group Heads and Delivery Leaders will find this be a useful resource to understand how Gamification can improve their everyday work. The book can also be used as a reference for engaging learners and employees to improve their productivity in organizations.
- Book Title Transforming Learning and IT Management through Gamification
- Series Title International Series on Computer Entertainment and Media Technology
- Series Abbreviated Title Internat. Ser.on Computer Entertain., Media Tech.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-18699-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-18698-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-37120-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-18699-3
- Series ISSN 2364-947X
- Series E-ISSN 2364-9488
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 119
- Number of Illustrations 2 b/w illustrations, 22 illustrations in colour
Information Systems and Communication Service
Management of Computing and Information Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“This title is undoubtedly a valuable contribution to the literature in the field. Most of today’s enterprise IT managers will find many useful facts and answers on a game-oriented approach to everyday work tasks, improving employee motivation, innovation, and productivity using IT as a standard tool. … this book provides evidence for gamification’s ability to improve work culture, productivity, and success.” (F. J. Ruzic, Computing Reviews, March, 2016)