About this book
This Brief examines COMPASS – the Collaborative Model for Promoting Competence and Success – a consultation-based intervention specialized for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Based on the Evidence-Based Practices in Psychology (EBPP) framework, the volume describes the processes that strengthen the expert support relationships between consultant and teacher (i.e., implementation) and between teacher and student (i.e., intervention). In addition, the Brief addresses how consultation methods work within COMPASS, with teachers learning from consultants' implementation methods to tailor instructions that are specific to students' educational and personal factors. This unique framework corresponds with current, widespread research and aims to provide more effective educational services for students with ASD during their crucial formative years.
Topics featured in this text include:
- COMPASS practice outcome based on idiographic assessment and measures of quality.
- Evidence for the efficacy of COMPASS.
- COMPASS implementation quality.
- COMPASS intervention quality and active ingredients.
- Teacher and student internal and external factors impacting COMPASS.
COMPASS and Implementation Science is a must-have resource for clinicians, scientist-practitioners, researchers, and graduate students in the fields of child and school psychology, behavioral therapy, and social work as well as rehabilitation, special education, and speech pathology.
- Book Title COMPASS and Implementation Science
- Book Subtitle Improving Educational Outcomes of Children with ASD
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Psychology
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Psychology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-18555-2
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-18554-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-18555-2
- Series ISSN 2192-8363
- Series E-ISSN 2192-8371
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 101
- Number of Illustrations 53 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Child and School Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals