Table of contents
About this book
The present volume, Current Approaches to Discourse and Translation Studies, presents innovative theoretical models and applications of the two disciplines in intercultural contexts.
The Yearbook of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics offers a platform to scholars who carry out rigorous and interdisciplinary research on language in real use. Corpus linguistics and Pragmatics have traditionally represented two paths of scientific research, parallel but often mutually exclusive and excluding. Corpus Linguistics can offer a meticulous methodology based on mathematics and statistics while Pragmatics strives to interpret intended meaning in real language. This series will give readers insight into how pragmatics can be used to explain real corpus data, and how corpora can illustrate pragmatic intuitions.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17948-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-17947-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-17948-3
- Series Print ISSN 2213-6819
- Series Online ISSN 2213-6827
- Buy this book on publisher's site