About this book
This book provides guidance for physicians confronted with acute neurological crises in the context of patient safety centred practice standards. It highlights how the implementation of patient safety standards in the neurointensive care unit leads to better clinical outcomes and emphasizes the importance of utilizing appropriate resources, ensuring evidence-based practice is followed. Cost effectiveness, continuous performance improvement and the creation of a non-punitive culture are also discussed.
Neurointensive Care: A Clinical Guide to Patient Safety is aimed at physicians around the world caring for critically ill neurological patients either in the emergency department or intensive care unit, and may also be valuable for nurses working in these settings. Neurointensivists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, anesthesiologists, general intensivists, emergency physicians, and trainees dealing with neurological catastrophes will find this book of interest.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17293-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-17292-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-17293-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site