About this book
This book covers recent developments and possible pitfalls in the diagnosis of genetic movement disorders and related conditions. It is divided into three sections: technical and scientific aspects; clinical aspects with guidance towards work-up; and ethical and legal aspects of genetic testing in a clinical and research setting.
The first section includes chapters on genetic analysis and counselling with critical discussion of potential problems when interpreting the results. Clinical chapters summarize genetic forms of movement disorders including parkinsonism, tics and dystonia with algorithms for hands-on daily practice. Related conditions such as RLS, ataxias and dementias are also covered. Finally, chapters on ethical and legal aspects of genetic testing are included.
Movement Disorder Genetics is aimed at clinicians and scientists working in the field of movement disorders and related conditions.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Movement Disorder Genetics
Susanne A. Schneider
José M. Tomás Brás
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17223-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-17222-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-35855-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-17223-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 530
- Number of Illustrations 6 b/w illustrations, 18 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site