About this book
This book introduces readers to theories that play a crucial role in modern mathematics, such as integration and functional analysis, employing a unifying approach that views these two subjects as being deeply intertwined. This feature is particularly evident in the broad range of problems examined, the solutions of which are often supported by generous hints. If the material is split into two courses, it can be supplemented by additional topics from the third part of the book, such as functions of bounded variation, absolutely continuous functions, and signed measures.
This textbook addresses the needs of graduate students in mathematics, who will find the basic material they will need in their future careers, as well as those of researchers, who will appreciate the self-contained exposition which requires no other preliminaries than basic calculus and linear algebra.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17019-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-17018-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-17019-0
- Series Print ISSN 2038-5714
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors