Table of contents
About this book
This text is an introduction to the use of control in distributed power generation. It shows the reader how reliable control can be achieved so as to realize the potential of small networks of diverse energy sources, either singly or in coordination, for meeting concerns of energy cost, energy security and environmental protection.
The book demonstrates how such microgrids—interconnecting groups of generating units and loads within a local area—can be an effective means of balancing electrical supply and demand. It takes advantage of the ability to connect and disconnect microgrids from the main body of the power grid to give flexibility in response to special events, planned or unplanned.
In order to capture the main opportunities for expanding the power grid and to present the plethora of associated open problems in control theory Control and Optimization of Distributed Generation Systems is organized to treat three key themes, namely:
- system architecture and integration;
- modelling and analysis; and
- communications and control.
Each chapter makes use of examples, simulations and appropriate problems to help the reader study. Tools helpful to the reader in accessing the mathematical analysis presented within the main body of the book are given in an appendix.
Control and Optimization of Distributed Generation Systems will enable readers new to the field of distributed power generation and networked control, whether experienced academics migrating from another field or graduate students beginning a research career, to familiarize themselves with the important points of the control and regulation of microgrids. It will also be useful for practising power engineers wishing to keep abreast of changes in power grids necessitated by the diversification of generating methods.
- Book Title Control and Optimization of Distributed Generation Systems
- Series Title Power Systems
- Series Abbreviated Title Power Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-16910-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-16909-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-36679-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-16910-1
- Series ISSN 1612-1287
- Series E-ISSN 1860-4676
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVIII, 578
- Number of Illustrations 179 b/w illustrations, 184 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site