Table of contents
About this book
This book provides the mathematical foundations of networks of linear control systems, developed from an algebraic systems theory perspective. This includes a thorough treatment of questions of controllability, observability, realization theory, as well as feedback control and observer theory. The potential of networks for linear systems in controlling large-scale networks of interconnected dynamical systems could provide insight into a diversity of scientific and technological disciplines. The scope of the book is quite extensive, ranging from introductory material to advanced topics of current research, making it a suitable reference for graduate students and researchers in the field of networks of linear systems. Part I can be used as the basis for a first course in algebraic system theory, while Part II serves for a second, advanced, course on linear systems.
Finally, Part III, which is largely independent of the previous parts, is ideally suited for advanced research seminars aimed at preparing graduate students for independent research. “Mathematics of Networks of Linear Systems” contains a large number of exercises and examples throughout the text making it suitable for graduate courses in the area.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-16646-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-16645-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-16646-9
- Series Print ISSN 0172-5939
- Series Online ISSN 2191-6675
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking