About this book
In its fifth extended edition the successful monograph package “Multiphase Flow Dynamics” contains theory, methods and practical experience for describing complex transient multi-phase processes in arbitrary geometrical configurations, providing a systematic presentation of the theory and practice of numerical multi-phase fluid dynamics. In the present first volume the local volume and time averaging is used to derive a complete set of conservation equations for three fluids each of them having multi components as constituents. Large parts of the book are devoted on the design of successful numerical methods for solving the obtained system of partial differential equations. Finally the analysis is repeated for boundary fitted curvilinear coordinate systems designing methods applicable for interconnected multi-blocks.
This fifth edition includes various updates, extensions, improvements and corrections, as well as a completely new chapter containing the basic physics describing the multi-phase flow in turbines, compressors, pumps and other rotating hydraulic machines.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15296-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-15295-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-15296-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site