Table of contents
About this book
This comprehensive text/reference presents cutting-edge advances in the theory and methodology of modeling and simulation (M&S), and reveals how this work has been influenced by the fundamental contributions of Professor Tuncer Ören to this field.
Exploring the synergies among the domains of M&S and systems engineering (SE), the book describes how M&S and SE can help to address the complex problems identified as “Grand Challenges” more effectively under a model-driven and simulation-directed systems engineering framework.
Topics and features:
- Examines frameworks for the development of advanced simulation methodologies
- Presents a focus on advanced modeling methodologies
- Reviews the reliability and quality assurance of models
- Discusses the specification and simulation of human and social behavior, including models of personality, emotions, conflict management, perception, and anticipation
- Provides a literature survey of the body of knowledge in M&S
- Highlights the conceptual, theoretical, and methodological foundations established by the pioneering work of Professor Tuncer Ören
This authoritative volume offers inspiring and illuminating insights of benefit to all researchers, practitioners and graduate students in M&S, especially those interested in modeling complexity and simulating complex adaptive systems, and other Grand Challenges.
Dr. Levent Yılmaz is a Professor in the departments of Computer Science and Software Engineering, and Industrial and Systems Engineering, at Auburn University, AL, USA.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Concepts and Methodologies for Modeling and Simulation
- Book Subtitle A Tribute to Tuncer Ören
- Series Title Simulation Foundations, Methods and Applications
- Series Abbreviated Title Simulation Foundations, Meth., Applicat.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15096-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-15095-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-38260-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-15096-3
- Series ISSN 2195-2817
- Series E-ISSN 2195-2825
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 352
- Number of Illustrations 116 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Simulation and Modeling
Systems Theory, Control
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“The book is written in a vigorous and simple way while doing easy the reading for scientists and public with different levels of knowledge and with different needs and curiosities about treated topics, which places the book as a necessary reference for the progress of knowledge on modeling and simulation. … offer opportunities to help advance knowledge, improving the quality of results and respect ethical principles which are gaining ground every day in the constructions of the new global society.” (Research Gate, researchgate.net, December 2015)