This comprehensive text/reference presents cutting-edge advances in the theory and methodology of modeling and simulation (M&S), and reveals how this work has been influenced by the fundamental contributions of Professor Tuncer Ören to this field.
Exploring the synergies among the domains of M&S and systems engineering (SE), the book describes how M&S and SE can help to address the complex problems identified as “Grand Challenges” more effectively under a model-driven and simulation-directed systems engineering framework.
Topics and features:
- Examines frameworks for the development of advanced simulation methodologies
- Presents a focus on advanced modeling methodologies
- Reviews the reliability and quality assurance of models
- Discusses the specification and simulation of human and social behavior, including models of personality, emotions, conflict management, perception, and anticipation
- Provides a literature survey of the body of knowledge in M&S
- Highlights the conceptual, theoretical, and methodological foundations established by the pioneering work of Professor Tuncer Ören
This authoritative volume offers inspiring and illuminating insights of benefit to all researchers, practitioners and graduate students in M&S, especially those interested in modeling complexity and simulating complex adaptive systems, and other Grand Challenges.
Dr. Levent Yılmaz is a Professor in the departments of Computer Science and Software Engineering, and Industrial and Systems Engineering, at Auburn University, AL, USA.