Table of contents
About this book
This book presents a series of studies on the socio-economic impacts of tourism, with a special focus on the determinants of tourism competitiveness at the destination level. The authors offer a systematic overview of this important issue, presenting relevant empirical studies from different parts of the world, based on modern theoretical approaches and adequate analysis tools, in the context of their policy or managerial implications.
The first part of the book discusses the analysis and assessment of quantitative tourism impacts on local economies, while the second part focuses on non-material aspects of tourism development, in particular those related to the role of innovation and human resources. The final section highlights the different dynamics often observed in tourism destinations arising from the interaction between tourists and local communities.
Innovation and Competitiveness Leisure Society Modelling and Forecasting Territorial Management Tourism Tourism Impact Assessment
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14920-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-14919-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-14920-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking