About this book
Featuring numerous case examples from companies around the world, this second edition integrates theoretical advances and empirical data with practical applications, including in-depth discussion on the COBIT 5 framework which can be used to build, measure and audit enterprise governance of IT approaches. At the forefront of the field, the authors of this volume draw from years of research and advising corporate clients to present a comprehensive resource on enterprise governance of IT (EGIT).
Information technology (IT) has become a crucial enabler in the support, sustainability and growth of enterprises. Given this pervasive role of IT, a specific focus on EGIT has arisen over the last two decades, as an integral part of corporate governance. Going well beyond the implementation of a superior IT infrastructure, enterprise governance of IT is about defining and embedding processes and structures throughout the organization that enable boards and business and IT people to execute their responsibilities in support of business/IT alignment and value creation from their IT-enabled investments.
Featuring a variety of elements, including executive summaries and sidebars, extensive references, and questions and activities (with additional materials available on-line), this book will be an essential resource for professionals, researchers, and students alike.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14547-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-14546-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-14547-1
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8096
- Series Online ISSN 2192-810X
- Buy this book on publisher's site