About this book
Highlighting recent advances in variational and hemivariational inequalities with an emphasis on theory, numerical analysis and applications, this volume serves as an indispensable resource to graduate students and researchers interested in the latest results from recognized scholars in this relatively young and rapidly-growing field.
Particularly, readers will find that the volume’s results and analysis present valuable insights into the fields of pure and applied mathematics, as well as civil, aeronautical, and mechanical engineering. Researchers and students will find new results on well posedness to stationary and evolutionary inequalities and their rigorous proofs. In addition to results on modeling and abstract problems, the book contains new results on the numerical methods for variational and hemivariational inequalities. Finally, the applications presented illustrate the use of these results in the study of miscellaneous mathematical models which describe the contact between deformable bodies and a foundation. This includes the modelling, the variational and the numerical analysis of the corresponding contact processes.
Furthermore, it can be used as supplementary reading material for advanced specialized courses in mathematical modeling for students with a strong background knowledge on nonlinear analysis, numerical analysis, partial differential equations, and mechanics of continua.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14490-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-14489-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-14490-0
- Series Print ISSN 1571-8689
- Series Online ISSN 1876-9896
- Buy this book on publisher's site