Table of contents
About this book
This fourteenth volume in the Poincaré Seminar Series is devoted to Niels Bohr, his foundational contributions to understanding atomic structure and quantum theory and their continuing importance today. This book contains the following chapters: - Tomas Bohr, Keeping Things Open; - Olivier Darrigol, Bohr's Trilogy of 1913; -John Heilbron, The Mind that Created the Bohr Atom; - Serge Haroche & Jean-Michel Raimond, Bohr's Legacy in Cavity QED; - Alain Aspect, From Einstein, Bohr, Schrödinger to Bell and Feynman: a New Quantum Revolution?; - Antoine Browaeys, Interacting Cold Rydberg Atoms: A Toy Many-Body System; - Michel Bitbol & Stefano Osnaghi, Bohr´s Complementarity and Kant´s Epistemology. Dating from their origin in lectures to a broad scientific audience these seven chapters are of high educational value.
This volume is of general interest to physicists, mathematicians and historians.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14316-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-14315-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-14316-3
- Series Print ISSN 1544-9998
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1846
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors