Table of contents
About this book
This volume offers a valuable overview of recent research into the semantic aspects of complex words through different theoretical frameworks. Contributions by experts in the field, both morphologists and psycholinguists, identify crucial areas of research, present alternative and complementary approaches to their examination from the current level of knowledge, and indicate perspectives of research into the semantics of complex words by raising important questions that need to be investigated in order to get a more comprehensive picture of the field.
Recent decades have seen both extensive and intensive development of various theories of word-formation, however, the semantic aspects of complex words have, with a few notable exceptions, been rather neglected. This volume fills that gap by offering articles written by leading experts in the field from various theoretical backgrounds.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14102-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-14101-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-14102-2
- Series Print ISSN 2214-0042
- Series Online ISSN 2214-0050
- Buy this book on publisher's site