Table of contents
About this book
This monograph provides an overview of beneficial plant-bacterial interactions in a straightforward and easy-to-understand format, and includes a wealth of unique illustrations elaborating every major point. Study questions that emphasize the key points are provided at the end of each chapter.
One way to feed all of the people in the world’s growing population is through the increased use of plant-growth-promoting bacteria in agriculture. These bacteria not only directly promote growth but also protect plants against a wide range of biotic and abiotic stresses. Moreover, they can be used to support procedures for biologically cleaning up the environment. Plant-growth-promoting bacteria are already being used successfully on a small scale in several countries, and as this technology matures, the world may witness a major paradigm shift in agricultural practice.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-13921-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-13920-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-13921-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site