Table of contents
About this book
This timely review volume summarizes the state-of-the-art developments in nature-inspired algorithms and applications with the emphasis on swarm intelligence and bio-inspired computation. Topics include the analysis and overview of swarm intelligence and evolutionary computation, hybrid metaheuristic algorithms, bat algorithm, discrete cuckoo search, firefly algorithm, particle swarm optimization, and harmony search as well as convergent hybridization. Application case studies have focused on the dehydration of fruits and vegetables by the firefly algorithm and goal programming, feature selection by the binary flower pollination algorithm, job shop scheduling, single row facility layout optimization, training of feed-forward neural networks, damage and stiffness identification, synthesis of cross-ambiguity functions by the bat algorithm, web document clustering, truss analysis, water distribution networks, sustainable building designs and others.
As a timely review, this book can serve as an ideal reference for graduates, lecturers, engineers and researchers in computer science, evolutionary computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, computational intelligence, data mining, engineering optimization and designs.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-13826-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-13825-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-13826-8
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site