Table of contents
About this book
This timely text/reference describes the development and implementation of large-scale distributed processing systems using open source tools and technologies such as Hadoop, Scalding and Spark.
Comprehensive in scope, the book presents state-of-the-art material on building high performance distributed computing systems, providing practical guidance and best practices as well as describing theoretical software frameworks.
Topics and features:
- Describes the fundamentals of building scalable software systems for large-scale data processing in the new paradigm of high performance distributed computing
- Presents an overview of the Hadoop ecosystem, followed by step-by-step instruction on its installation, programming and execution
- Reviews the basics of Spark, including resilient distributed datasets, and examines Hadoop streaming and working with Scalding
- Provides detailed case studies on approaches to clustering, data classification and regression analysis
- Explains the process of creating a working recommender system using Scalding and Spark
- Supplies a complete list of supplementary source code and datasets at an associated website
Fulfilling the need for both introductory material for undergraduate students of computer science and detailed discussions for software engineering professionals, this book will aid a broad audience to understand the esoteric aspects of practical high performance computing through its use of solved problems, research case studies and working source code.
K.G. Srinivasa is Professor and Head of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT), Bangalore, India. His other publications include the Springer title Soft Computing for Data Mining Applications. Anil Kumar Muppalla is also a researcher at MSRIT.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-13497-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-13496-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-13497-0
- Series Print ISSN 1617-7975
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8433
- Buy this book on publisher's site