Table of contents
About this book
This volume focuses on the spotlight on Romania and Moldova, two distinct nations that share a common language, history and culture. Romania is a NATO member since 2004 and a fully integrated nation into the European Union since 2007, while The Republic of Moldova (a former Soviet republic) is attempting to join both international organizations for security and development reasons.
Ever since the Iron Curtain fell on Europe at the end of World War II, the term “Eastern Europe” has been used without much regard for the diversity of the region. Given the geographical proximity, perhaps this is an understandable error. However, moving forward into the twenty-first century, and considering the highly sensitive geopolitical, security and development issues playing out in the region, we believe each nation should be treated with the unique distinction it deserves.
Building a mosaic of the most current research, practical application, and policy, the authors, who represent unique, insider perspectives, cover a range of emerging and timely topics from Black Sea security to cultural analyses, organizational development and risk assessment shedding light on social, political and economic challenges of rapid transition in the region, while considering the implications for research, practice and policy in other front-line regions around the world.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-12685-2
- Copyright Information Editor(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-12684-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-12685-2
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5466
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5474
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking