About this book
Maximizing reader insights into the interactions between game theory, excessive crowding and safety and security elements in traffic and transportation theory, this book establishes a new research angle by illustrating linkages between different research approaches and through laying the foundations for subsequent analysis.
Congestion (excessive crowding) is defined in this work as all kinds of flows; e.g., road/sea/air traffic, people, data, information, water, electricity, and organisms. Analyzing systems where congestion occurs – which may be in parallel, series, interlinked, or interdependent, with flows one way or both ways – this book puts forward new congestion models, breaking new ground by introducing game theory and safety/security.
Addressing the multiple actors who may hold different concerns regarding system reliability; e.g. one or several terrorists, a government, various local or regional government agencies, or others with stakes for or against system reliability, this book describes how governments authorities, and others may have the tools to handle congestion, but that these tools need to be improved whilst additionally ensuring safety and security against various threats.
This game-theoretic analysis sets this book apart from the current congestion literature and ensures that the book will be of use to postgraduates, researchers, 3rd/4th-year undergraduates, policy makers, and practitioners.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Game Theoretic Analysis of Congestion, Safety and Security
- Book Subtitle Traffic and Transportation Theory
- Series Title Springer Series in Reliability Engineering
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Ser Reliab Eng
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-11674-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-11673-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-11674-7
- Series ISSN 1614-7839
- Series E-ISSN 2196-999X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 220
- Number of Illustrations 40 b/w illustrations, 25 illustrations in colour
Quality Control, Reliability, Safety and Risk
Systems and Data Security
Game Theory, Economics, Social and Behav. Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site