Table of contents
About this book
The book opens with a short introduction to Indian music, in particular classical Hindustani music, followed by a chapter on the role of statistics in computational musicology. The authors then show how to analyze musical structure using Rubato, the music software package for statistical analysis, in particular addressing modeling, melodic similarity and lengths, and entropy analysis; they then show how to analyze musical performance. Finally, they explain how the concept of seminatural composition can help a music composer to obtain the opening line of a raga-based song using Monte Carlo simulation.
The book will be of interest to musicians and musicologists, particularly those engaged with Indian music.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-11472-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-11471-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-11472-9
- Series Print ISSN 1868-0305
- Series Online ISSN 1868-0313
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors