About this book
With the unifying theme of abstract evolutionary equations, both linear and nonlinear, in a complex environment, the book presents a multidisciplinary blend of topics, spanning the fields of theoretical and applied functional analysis, partial differential equations, probability theory and numerical analysis applied to various models coming from theoretical physics, biology, engineering and complexity theory.
The unique features of the book are: the first simultaneous presentation of two complementary approaches to fragmentation and coagulation problems, by weak compactness methods and by using semigroup techniques, comprehensive exposition of probabilistic methods of analysis of long term dynamics of dynamical systems, semigroup analysis of biological problems and cutting edge pattern formation theory.
The book will appeal to postgraduate students and researchers specializing in applications of mathematics to problems arising in natural sciences and engineering.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Evolutionary Equations with Applications in Natural Sciences
- Series Title Lecture Notes in Mathematics
- Series Abbreviated Title Lect.Notes Mathematics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-11322-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-11321-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-11322-7
- Series ISSN 0075-8434
- Series E-ISSN 1617-9692
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 493
- Number of Illustrations 21 b/w illustrations, 37 illustrations in colour
Partial Differential Equations
Mathematical and Computational Biology
Dynamical Systems and Ergodic Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site