Table of contents
About this book
This book describes how control of distributed systems can be advanced by an integration of control, communication, and computation. The global control objectives are met by judicious combinations of local and nonlocal observations taking advantage of various forms of communication exchanges between distributed controllers. Control architectures are considered according to increasing degrees of cooperation of local controllers: fully distributed or decentralized control, control with communication between controllers, coordination control, and multilevel control. The book covers also topics bridging computer science, communication, and control, like communication for control of networks, average consensus for distributed systems, and modeling and verification of discrete and of hybrid systems.
Examples and case studies are introduced in the first part of the text and developed throughout the book. They include:
- control of underwater vehicles,
- automated-guided vehicles on a container terminal,
- control of a printer as a complex machine, and
- control of an electric power system.
The book is composed of short essays each within eight pages, including suggestions and references for further research and reading.
By reading the essays collected in the book Coordination Control of Distributed Systems, graduate students and post-docs will be introduced to the research frontiers in control of decentralized and of distributed systems. Control theorists and practitioners with backgrounds in electrical, mechanical, civil and aerospace engineering will find in the book information and inspiration to transfer to their fields of interest the state-of-art in coordination control.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-10407-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-10406-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-10407-2
- Series Print ISSN 0170-8643
- Series Online ISSN 1610-7411
- About this book