About this book
This monograph presents theoretical methods involving the Hamilton–Jacobi–Bellman formalism in conjunction with set-valued techniques of nonlinear analysis to solve significant problems in dynamics and control. The emphasis is on issues of reachability, feedback control synthesis under complex state constraints, hard or double bounds on controls, and performance in finite time. Guaranteed state estimation, output feedback control, and hybrid dynamics are also discussed. Although the focus is on systems with linear structure, the authors indicate how to apply each approach to nonlinear and nonconvex systems.
The main theoretical results lead to computational schemes based on extensions of ellipsoidal calculus that provide complete solutions to the problems. These computational schemes in turn yield software tools that can be applied effectively to high-dimensional systems.
Dynamics and Control of Trajectory Tubes: Theory and Computation will interest graduate and senior undergraduate students, as well as researchers and practitioners interested in control theory, its applications, and its computational realizations.
- Book Title Dynamics and Control of Trajectory Tubes
- Book Subtitle Theory and Computation
- Series Title Systems & Control: Foundations & Applications
- Series Abbreviated Title Systems,Control:Foundat.,Applicat.(Birkhäuser)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-10277-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-10276-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-36356-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-10277-1
- Series ISSN 2324-9749
- Series E-ISSN 2324-9757
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 445
- Number of Illustrations 32 b/w illustrations, 74 illustrations in colour
Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control; Optimization
Control and Systems Theory
Convex and Discrete Geometry
- Buy this book on publisher's site