About this book
This book summarizes how the renin angiotensin system is implicated in the progression of atherosclerotic disease as well as of left ventricular dysfunction and reviews the action of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and AT1 receptor antagonists on reducing morbidity and mortality in patients with left ventricular dysfunction or in those at high cardiovascular risk with preserved ventricular function.
ACEi and ARBS in Hypertension and Heart Failure is a highly practical reference reviewing the evidence and providing a rationale for the appropriate use of RAS antagonists in cardiovascular diseases. It is written in an easy-to-follow format and with many illustrations to aid clarity and the assimilation of information. Each chapter is written by established authorities in their fields who are also experienced in explaining often complex concepts. The result is a unique book which is not only comprehensive but also clear and useful for the busy medical practitioner.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title ACEi and ARBS in Hypertension and Heart Failure
Pasquale Perrone Filardi
- Series Title Current Cardiovascular Therapy
- Series Abbreviated Title Curr. Cardiov. Ther.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-09788-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-09787-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-09788-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 150
- Number of Illustrations 6 b/w illustrations, 13 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site