Table of contents
About this book
This book, in its 114th year, provides insight into major trends in the North American Jewish communities, examining the recently completed Pew Report (A Portrait of Jewish Americans), gender in American Jewish life, national and Jewish communal affairs, and the US, Canadian, and world Jewish populations. It also acts as an important resource with an atlas of Jewish communities, lists of Jewish institutions, Jewish periodicals, and academic resources as well as Jewish honorees, obituaries, and major recent events. It should prove useful to social scientists and historians of the American Jewish community, Jewish communal workers, and the press, among others.
If you have enough budget for one book depicting American Jewish Life, order the American Jewish Year Book. This is the “go to” reference book for anyone who wishes to explore and understand more about life in the American Jewish community today.
Rela Mintz Geffen, President Emerita, Baltimore Hebrew University; Professor Emerita of Sociology, Gratz College
The American Jewish Year Book is an essential resource for anyone who works professionally or as a volunteer in the North American Jewish community today. It provides important and accessible articles about the latest developments in the Jewish community. The Year Book’s successful re-emergence under Dashefsky and Sheskin is great news all around!
Laurence Kotler-Berkowitz, Senior Director, Research and Analysis, The Jewish Federations of North America
The new American Jewish Year Book is both the “volume of record” for the American Jewish community and an essential resource for everyone engaged in Jewish communal life. Its review articles are dependably authoritative, and its lists and bibliographies come in handy throughout the year. Impossible to live without it! Jonathan D. Sarna, President, Association for Jewish Studies; Joseph H. & Belle R. Braun Professor of American Jewish History, Brandeis University
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title American Jewish Year Book 2014
- Book Subtitle The Annual Record of the North American Jewish Communities
- Series Title American Jewish Year Book
- Series Abbreviated Title Amer. Jew. Y. B.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-09623-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Social Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-09622-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-36275-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-09623-0
- Series ISSN 2213-9575
- Series E-ISSN 2213-9583
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 923
- Number of Illustrations 58 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Sociology of Religion
- Buy this book on publisher's site