About this book
This monograph introduces a newly developed robust-control design technique for a wide class of continuous-time dynamical systems called the “attractive ellipsoid method.” Along with a coherent introduction to the proposed control design and related topics, the monograph studies nonlinear affine control systems in the presence of uncertainty and presents a constructive and easily implementable control strategy that guarantees certain stability properties. The authors discuss linear-style feedback control synthesis in the context of the above-mentioned systems.
The development and physical implementation of high-performance robust-feedback controllers that work in the absence of complete information is addressed, with numerous examples to illustrate how to apply the attractive ellipsoid method to mechanical and electromechanical systems. While theorems are proved systematically, the emphasis is on understanding and applying the theory to real-world situations.
Attractive Ellipsoids in Robust Control will appeal to undergraduate and graduate students with a background in modern systems theory as well as researchers in the fields of control engineering and applied mathematics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-09210-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-09209-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-09210-2
- Series Print ISSN 2324-9749
- Series Online ISSN 2324-9757
- Buy this book on publisher's site