Table of contents
About this book
Informed by systems thinking, this book explores new perspectives in which culture and management are harmoniously integrated and cultural heritage is interpreted both as an essential part of the social and economic context and as an expression of community identity. The combination of a multidisciplinary approach, methodological rigor and reference to robust empirical findings in the fertile field of analysis of UNESCO’s contribution mean that the book can be considered a reference for the management of cultural heritage. It casts new light on the complex relation of culture and management, which has long occupied both scholars and practitioners and should enable the development of new pathways for value creation.
The book is based on research conducted within the framework of the Consorzio Universitario di Economia Industriale e Manageriale (University Consortium for Industrial and Managerial Economics), a network of universities, businesses and public and private institutions that is dedicated to the production and dissemination of knowledge in the field.
This volume will be of interest to all who are involved in the study and management of the cultural heritage.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Cultural Heritage and Value Creation
- Book Subtitle Towards New Pathways
Gaetano M. Golinelli
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-08527-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-08526-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-36238-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-08527-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 188
- Number of Illustrations 9 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Business and Management, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site
“Highlights, with the support of different authors, the changes in the role, the definition and the management of the cultural heritage occurred in the past few decades. … Addressed … to those who are involved in the cultural heritage governance, this book offers not only an interesting analysis to understand the new role of cultural heritage in the contemporary society but also a methodological approach to rethink the cultural heritage governance in a more flexible and dynamic way … .” (Quadrelli di Francesca, tafterjournal.it, Issue 82, June, 2015)