About this book
Excessive use of agrochemicals such as fertilizers and pesticides have some substantial benefits in enhancing crop productivity but may lead to environmental and ecological damages.
Compost, the organic by-products of farming and allied industries which derive from animals and other sources is considered as the source of immense practical value for raising crops. It aids agricultural sustainability by means of various processes such as green manuring, mulching etc.
Significance of compost for sustainable agriculture and the role of beneficial micro-organisms in composting processes is depicted in this volume entitled “Composting for Sustainable Agriculture”.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Composting for Sustainable Agriculture
Dinesh K. Maheshwari
- Series Title Sustainable Development and Biodiversity
- Series Abbreviated Title Sust. Devel., Biodivers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-08004-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-08003-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-38145-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-08004-8
- Series ISSN 2352-474X
- Series E-ISSN 2352-4758
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 290
- Number of Illustrations 27 b/w illustrations, 16 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors