Table of contents
About this book
The Yearbook of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics addresses the interface between the two disciplines and offers a platform to scholars who combine both methodologies to present rigorous and interdisciplinary findings about language in real use. Corpus linguistics and Pragmatics have traditionally represented two paths of scientific thought, parallel but often mutually exclusive and excluding. Corpus Linguistics can offer a meticulous methodology based on mathematics and statistics, while Pragmatics is characterized by its effort in the interpretation of intended meaning in real language. This series will give readers insight into how pragmatics can be used to explain real corpus data and, also, how corpora can illustrate pragmatic intuitions.
The present volume, Yearbook of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics 2014: New Empirical and Theoretical Paradigms, proposes innovative research models in the liaison between pragmatics and corpus linguistics to explain language in current cultural and social contexts.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-06007-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-06006-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-06007-1
- Series Print ISSN 2213-6819
- Series Online ISSN 2213-6827
- Buy this book on publisher's site