About this book
This book describes an approach to engineering education that integrates a comprehensive set of personal, interpersonal, and professional engineering skills with engineering disciplinary knowledge in order to prepare innovative and entrepreneurial engineers. The education of engineers is set in the context of engineering practice, that is, Conceiving, Designing, Implementing, and Operating (CDIO) through the entire lifecycle of engineering processes, products, and systems. The book is both a description of the development and implementation of the CDIO model and a guide to engineering programs worldwide that seek to improve the education of young engineers.
- Provides an overview of the CDIO approach, then chapters organized according to the CDIO Standards;
- Includes in each chapter objectives, discussion questions, case studies and clear diagrams to support key concepts and processes;
- Avoids the jargon of education specialists and clearly explains education terms in the context of their initial presentation.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-05561-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-05560-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-05561-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors