Table of contents
About these proceedings
The world is facing great challenges in meeting rising demands for basic commodities, finished goods, technologies and services while minimizing the impact of human activities on Earth's global environment and climate. Nanotechnology has emerged as a multidisciplinary research field that could provide efficient, cost-effective, and environmentally acceptable solutions to the global sustainability challenges that our societies are facing. This book is devoted to the utilization of nanotechnology to improve or achieve sustainable development. It reports recent advances and discusses opportunities of utilizing nanotechnology to address global challenges in water purification, clean energy, greenhouse gas management, materials supply/utilization and manufacturing. It addresses societal perspectives and provides an outlook of the role of nanotechnology in the convergence of knowledge, technology and society for achieving sustainable development.
This book offers a thematic collection of papers previously published in the Journal of Nanoparticle Research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-05041-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-05040-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-05041-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site