Table of contents
About this book
This book provides an up-to-date review of the risk factors and genetics influencing the development of this rare disease. This volume presents clinical features and recent advances in histopathology and molecular profiling are analysed, providing a valuable aid to clinicians in tailoring treatment to both the patient and the tumour.
Readers will find important insights into the most effective strategies for making or negating a diagnosis of male breast cancer. Within this timely volume, consideration is also given to the psychological needs of men with breast cancer alongside a discussion of the most effective support methods.
The surgical management of the disease is examined, together with algorithms for local and systemic therapy. Owing to the problem of late diagnosis in male breast cancer, many men have advanced or disseminated disease at diagnosis and, as such, the evidence-based management of these cases is reviewed.
This book will be of interest to breast surgeons, oncologists, breast radiologists, breast histopathologists and breast care nurses worldwide.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-04669-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-04668-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-04669-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site