Table of contents
About this book
This volume brings together works resulting from research carried out by members of the EURO Working Group on Transportation (EWGT) and presented during meetings and workshops organized by the Group under the patronage of the Association of European Operational Research Societies in 2012 and 2013.
The main targets of the EWGT include providing a forum to share research information and experience, encouraging joint research and the development of both theoretical methods and applications, and promoting cooperation among the many institutions and organizations which are leaders at national level in the field of transportation and logistics.
The primary fields of interest concern operational research methods, mathematical models and computation algorithms, to solve and sustain solutions to problems mainly faced by public administrations, city authorities, public transport companies, service providers and logistic operators. Related areas of interest are: land use and transportation planning, traffic control and simulation models, traffic network equilibrium models, public transport planning and management, applications of combinatorial optimization, vehicle routing and scheduling, intelligent transport systems, logistics and freight transport, environment problems, transport safety, and impact evaluation methods.
In this volume, attention focuses on the following topics of interest:
· Decision-making and decision support
· Energy and Environmental Impacts
· Urban network design
· Optimization and simulation
· Traffic Modelling, Control and Network Traffic Management
· Transportation Planning
· Mobility, Accessibility and Travel Behavior
· Vehicle Routing
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-04630-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-04629-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-04630-3
- Series Print ISSN 2194-5357
- Series Online ISSN 2194-5365
- About this book