About this book
From proposal to examination, producing a dissertation or thesis is a challenge. Grounded in decades of experience with research training and supervision, this fully updated and revised edition takes an integrated, down-to-earth approach drawing on case studies and examples to guide you step-by-step towards productive success.
Early chapters frame the tasks ahead and show you how to get started. From there, practical advice and illustrations take you through the elements of formulating research questions, working with software, and purposeful writing of each of the different kinds of chapters, and finishes with a focus on revision, dissemination and deadlines. How to Write a Better Thesis presents a cohesive approach to research that will help you achieve your goals.
David Evans was Reader and Associate Professor in the Faculty of Architecture Building and Planning, University of Melbourne.
Paul Gruba is Senior Lecturer in the School of Languages and Linguistics, University of Melbourne.
Justin Zobel is Professor in the Department of Computing and Information Systems, University of Melbourne.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-04286-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-04285-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-04286-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site