About this book
Matrices can be studied in different ways. They are a linear algebraic structure and have a topological/analytical aspect (for example, the normed space of matrices) and they also carry an order structure that is induced by positive semidefinite matrices. The interplay of these closely related structures is an essential feature of matrix analysis.
This book explains these aspects of matrix analysis from a functional analysis point of view. After an introduction to matrices and functional analysis, it covers more advanced topics such as matrix monotone functions, matrix means, majorization and entropies. Several applications to quantum information are also included.
Introduction to Matrix Analysis and Applications is appropriate for an advanced graduate course on matrix analysis, particularly aimed at studying quantum information. It can also be used as a reference for researchers in quantum information, statistics, engineering and economics.
- Book Title Introduction to Matrix Analysis and Applications
- Series Title Universitext
- Series Abbreviated Title Universitext
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-04150-6
- Copyright Information Hindustan Book Agency 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-04149-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-04150-6
- Series ISSN 0172-5939
- Series E-ISSN 2191-6675
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 332
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Jointly published with Hindustan Book Agency, New Delhi, India
Linear and Multilinear Algebras, Matrix Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking