About this book
Matrices can be studied in different ways. They are a linear algebraic structure and have a topological/analytical aspect (for example, the normed space of matrices) and they also carry an order structure that is induced by positive semidefinite matrices. The interplay of these closely related structures is an essential feature of matrix analysis.
This book explains these aspects of matrix analysis from a functional analysis point of view. After an introduction to matrices and functional analysis, it covers more advanced topics such as matrix monotone functions, matrix means, majorization and entropies. Several applications to quantum information are also included.
Introduction to Matrix Analysis and Applications is appropriate for an advanced graduate course on matrix analysis, particularly aimed at studying quantum information. It can also be used as a reference for researchers in quantum information, statistics, engineering and economics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-04150-6
- Copyright Information Hindustan Book Agency 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-04149-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-04150-6
- Series Print ISSN 0172-5939
- Series Online ISSN 2191-6675
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking