About this book
This book reviews the structure and electronic, magnetic, and other properties of various MoS2 (Molybdenum disulfide) nanostructures, with coverage of synthesis, Valley polarization, spin physics, and other topics. MoS2 is an important, graphene-like layered nano-material that substantially extends the range of possible nanostructures and devices for nanofabrication. These materials have been widely researched in recent years, and have become an attractive topic for applications such as catalytic materials and devices based on field-effect transistors (FETs) and semiconductors.
Chapters from leading scientists worldwide create a bridge between MoS2 nanomaterials and fundamental physics in order to stimulate readers' interest in the potential of these novel materials for device applications. Since MoS2 nanostructures are expected to be increasingly important for future developments in energy and other electronic device applications, this book can be recommended for Physics and Materials Science and Engineering departments and as reference for researchers in the field.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of novel MoS2 monolayer films and MoS2 nanomaterials
- Provides the keys to understanding the emerging area of MoS2 devices
- Written by leading experts in each research area
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-02850-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-02849-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-02850-7
- Series Print ISSN 2195-2159
- Series Online ISSN 2195-2167
- Buy this book on publisher's site