Table of contents
About this book
Through real-world datasets, this book shows the reader how to work with material in biostatistics using the open source software R. These include tools that are critical to dealing with missing data, which is a pressing scientific issue for those engaged in biostatistics. Readers will be equipped to run analyses and make graphical presentations based on the sample dataset and their own data. The hands-on approach will benefit students and ensure the accessibility of this book for readers with a basic understanding of R.
Topics include: an introduction to Biostatistics and R, data exploration, descriptive statistics and measures of central tendency, t-Test for independent samples, t-Test for matched pairs, ANOVA, correlation and linear regression, and advice for future work.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-02532-2
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-02531-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-02532-2
- Series Print ISSN 2191-544X
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5458
- Buy this book on publisher's site