About this book
The book is a primer of the theory of Ordinary Differential Equations. Each chapter is completed by a broad set of exercises; the reader will also find a set of solutions of selected exercises. The book contains many interesting examples as well (like the equations for the electric circuits, the pendium equation, the logistic equation, the Lotka-Volterra system, and many other) which introduce the reader to some interesting aspects of the theory and its applications. The work is mainly addressed to students of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Sciences, with knowledge of Calculus and Linear Algebra, and contains more advanced topics for further developments, such as Laplace transform; Stability theory and existence of solutions to Boundary Value problems.
A complete Solutions Manual, containing solutions to all the exercises published in the book, is available. Instructors who wish to adopt the book may request the manual by writing directly to one of the authors.
applications to mechanics and electrical circuit theory mathematical analysis numerical analysis ordinary differential equations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-02129-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-02128-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-02129-4
- Series Print ISSN 2038-5714
- Buy this book on publisher's site