Table of contents
About these proceedings
This volume collects the edited and reviewed contributions presented in the 5th iTi Conference in Bertinoro. covering fundamental aspects in turbulent flows. In the spirit of the iTi initiative, the volume is produced after the conference so that the authors had the possibility to incorporate comments and discussions raised during the meeting.
Turbulence presents a large number of aspects and problems, which are still unsolved and which challenge research communities in engineering and physical sciences both in basic and applied research. The book presents recent advances in theory related to new statistical approaches, effect of non-linearities and presence of symmetries. This edition presents new contributions related to the physics and control of laminar-turbulent transition in wall-bounded flows, which may have a significant impact on drag reduction applications. Turbulent boundary layers, at increasing Reynolds number, are the main subject of both computational and experimental long research programs aimed at improving our knowledge on scaling, energy distribution at different scales, structure eduction, roughness effects to name only a few. Like previous editions several numerical and experimental analysis of complex flows, mostly related to applications, are presented.
The structure of the present book is as such that contributions have been bundled according to covering topics i.e. I Theory, II Stability, III Wall bounded flows, IV, Complex flows, V Acoustic, VI Numerical methods.
The volume is dedicated to the memory of Prof. Rudolf Friedrich who prematurely died in Münster/Germany on the 16th of August 2012. In his honor the conference has started with a special session dedicated to his work.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Progress in Turbulence V
- Book Subtitle Proceedings of the iTi Conference in Turbulence 2012
- Series Title Springer Proceedings in Physics
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Proceedings Phys.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-01860-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-01859-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-03336-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-01860-7
- Series ISSN 0930-8989
- Series E-ISSN 1867-4941
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 238
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Engineering Fluid Dynamics
Vibration, Dynamical Systems, Control
Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos Theory
Fluid- and Aerodynamics
Partial Differential Equations
- Buy this book on publisher's site