Table of contents
About this book
This book investigates the causes of inequalities that have developed in the European Union, analyzes their social and economic consequences, and assesses the political measures taken to address these issues – also on the basis of public survey results.
The detailed analyses presented focus on structures of inequality to be found in the areas education, culture, labor market, Internet access, families and children, gender, and the regions of the EU. The book also critically examines both the legal framework conditions and financial / taxation policy as instruments that can be used to either produce or combat inequality.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-01481-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-01480-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-01481-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site