About this book
Particulate products make up around eighty percent of chemical products, from all industry sectors. Examples given in this book include construction materials, fine ceramics and concrete, chocolate and ice cream, pharmaceutical, powders, medical inhalers and sun screen, liquid and powder paints.
Size distribution and the shape of the particles provide for different functionalities in these products, some general some specific. This book addresses particle packing as well as its relation to powder flow and rheological behavior. Moreover, general relationships to particle size are discussed for e.g. color and sensorial aspects of particulate products.
The book covers all the particulate aspects that are most relevant for behavior and performance within specified industrial products and how optimal results can be obtained. It differs from other books in the way that the critical aspects of different products are reported, so that similarities and differences can be identified. Contributors to this book are acknowledged experts coming from a wide range of different product industries.
The aim of the book is to lead to improved optimization in design, development and quality of many particulate products.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Particulate Products
- Book Subtitle Tailoring Properties for Optimal Performance
Henk G. Merkus
Gabriel M.H. Meesters
- Series Title Particle Technology Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Particle Technology Ser.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-00714-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-00713-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-34341-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-00714-4
- Series ISSN 1567-827X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 469
- Number of Illustrations 79 b/w illustrations, 72 illustrations in colour
Soft and Granular Matter, Complex Fluids and Microfluidics
Characterization and Evaluation of Materials
Nanoscale Science and Technology
Quality Control, Reliability, Safety and Risk
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Consumer Packaged Goods