Table of contents
About this book
Multimedia services are now commonly used in various activities in the daily lives of humans. Related application areas include services that allow access to large depositories of information, digital libraries, e-learning and e-education, e-government and e-governance, e-commerce and e-auctions, e-entertainment, e-health and e-medicine, and e-legal services, as well as their mobile counterparts (i.e., m-services). Despite the tremendous growth of multimedia services over the recent years, there is an increasing demand for their further development. This demand is driven by the ever-increasing desire of society for easy accessibility to information in friendly, personalized and adaptive environments.
In this book at hand, we examine recent Advances in Recommender Systems. Recommender systems are crucial in multimedia services, as they aim at protecting the service users from information overload. The book includes nine chapters, which present various recent research results in recommender systems.
This research book is directed to professors, researchers, application engineers and students of all disciplines who are interested in learning more about recommender systems, advancing the corresponding state of the art and developing recommender systems for specific applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-00372-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-00371-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-00372-6
- Series Print ISSN 2190-3018
- Series Online ISSN 2190-3026
- Buy this book on publisher's site