About this book
The book aims to provide a basis for design and construction of resource-efficient buildings. The main concepts follow the vision of a European Sustainable Building as defined in the 2-years Smart-ECO research project funded by European Commission under the Sixth Framework Program. The focus is concentrated on innovations enabling the building sector to meet the requirements originating from the sustainability concept.
Innovation is considered at different scales: micro (product, service and process), meso (sector, supply chain, region and system) and macro (economy-wide).
Furthermore, the book focuses on aspects of relevance when striving to implement innovative technologies in building design: an integrated design process is indispensable to obtain a Smart-ECO building, independently of how effective a single technology is. Each chapter provides information on fundamental aspects of innovations towards resource-efficient buildings, shows examples and makes further guidance by way of a dedicated bibliography. Case studies are predominantly recent projects or experiences improving understanding and encouraging implementation.
- Book Title Smart-ECO Buildings towards 2020/2030
- Book Subtitle Innovative Technologies for Resource Efficient Buildings
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-00269-9
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-00268-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-00269-9
- Series ISSN 2191-530X
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5318
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 82
- Number of Illustrations 34 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Renewable and Green Energy
Building Construction and Design
Climate Change Management and Policy
- Buy this book on publisher's site