Table of contents
About this book
The papers in this book provide a unique state-of-the-art multidisciplinary overview on the subject of waves in pre-stressed materials through the interaction of several topics, ranging from the mathematical modelling of incremental material response (elastic and inelastic), to the analysis of the governing differential equations and boundary-value problems, and to computational methods for the solution to these problems, with particular reference to industrial, geophysical, and biomechanical applications.
A complete view on the title subject is proposed, including: The basic and fundamental theoretical issues (mechanical modelling, exact solutions, asymptotic methods, numerical treatment); A unified introduction to wave propagation (small on large and large on large); A look toward classical (such as geophysics and the mechanics of rubber-like solids) and emergent (such as biomechanics) applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-211-73572-5
- Copyright Information CISM, Udine 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Vienna
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-211-73571-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-211-73572-5
- Series Print ISSN 0254-1971
- Buy this book on publisher's site