About this book
Semilinear elliptic equations play an important role in many areas of mathematics and its applications to physics and other sciences. This book presents a wealth of modern methods to solve such equations, including the systematic use of the Pohozaev identities for the description of sharp estimates for radial solutions and the fibring method. Existence results for equations with supercritical growth and non-zero right-hand sides are given.
Readers of this exposition will be advanced students and researchers in mathematics, physics and other sciences who want to learn about specific methods to tackle problems involving semilinear elliptic equations.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-9250-6
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Basel 1997
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-0348-9962-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-0348-9250-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site